The ProfiHub B4FO2 is a cost effctive solution to link PROFIBUS fiber optic to multiple RS 485 segments and vice versa. It enables reliable applications where long cable distances and an isolation between devices and segments are required. The massed junction of copper segments reduce expensive fiber optic couplers and create an object oriented overview for the end user.
The B4FO2 supports multiple fiber optic topologies; point-to-point, bus and star. The protocol transparency without configuration allows direct integration in existing PROFIBUS networks to benefit from the advantages optical data infrastructures offer.
The ProfiHub B4FO2 is equipped with 4 galvanic isolated RS 485 channels utilizing a maximum of 31 devices per channel.
The mechanical design consists of a compact flat stable metal housing which can be mounted on a DIN-rail. It contains an alarm relay, redundant power supply, diagnostic LEDs and it supports the redundancy feature.
• Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
• Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI
• High integrity telegram checking
• 4 Segments
• 9.6 Kbps .. 12 Mbps (auto detection)
• 1200 m segment length (depends on baudrate)
• 31 devices per channel
• Bus redundancy option
• Screw terminals and DB9 connectors
• Configurable grounding system
• Integrated termination facilities
• 2 Fiber channels
• 3 km cable length
• Point-to-point, star and bus topologies
• 4 ST/BFOC connectors
• Multimode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 850 nm
• No limit in cascading
• Alarm contact
• Power supply: 9 .. 31 VDC
• Redundant power supply
• IP 20 classification
• Temperature: -25 .. 70˚ C
Downloads: ProfiHub B4FO2+ brochure
Please Contact Us if you have requirements.