The ProfiHub B2FO2 is a cost-effective solution to convert PROFIBUS fiber optic to RS 485 copper segments and vice versa. It enables reliable applications where long cable distances and isolation between devices and segments are required.
The B2FO2 supports multiple fiber optic topologies; point-to-point, bus and star. The protocol transparency without configuration allows direct integration in existing PROFIBUS networks to benefit from the advantages optical data infrastructures offer.
The ProfiHub B2FO2 is equipped with 2 galvanic isolated RS 485 channels utilizing a maximum of 31 devices per channel.
The mechanical design consists of a compact flat stable metal housing which can be mounted on a DIN-rail. It contains an alarm relay, redundant power supply, diagnostic LEDs and it supports the redundancy feature.
• Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
• Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI
• High integrity telegram checking
• 2 Segments
• 9.6 Kbps .. 12 Mbps (auto detection)
• 1200 m segment length (depends on baudrate)
• 31 devices per channel
• Bus redundancy option
• Screw terminals and DB9 connectors
• Configurable grounding system
• Integrated termination facilities
• 2 Fiber channels
• 3 km cable length
• Point-to-point, star and bus topologies
• 4 ST/BFOC connectors
• Multimode cable G62.5 / 125 (OM1) – 850 nm
• No limit in cascading
• Alarm contact
• Power supply: 9 .. 31 VDC
• Redundant power supply
• IP 20 classification
• Temperature: -25 .. 70˚ C
Downloads: ProfiHub B2FO2+ brochure
Downloads: ProfiHub B2FO2+ manual
Please Contact Us if you have requirements.