ProfiHub A5 – 5 Channel PROFIBUS DP Repeater
ProfiHub A5 is a robust network component for PROFIBUS DP installations. It enables long multi-device spur lines and backbone structures with star/tree segments in IP 65 applications.
PROFIBUS DP is a high-speed communication bus that has to comply with strict rules concerning spur lines and star networks. The ProfiHub A5 is a perfect economic solution to create reliable start networks in RS 485 DP networks.
It has the functionality of 5 galvanic isolated transparent repeaters. This allows network structures with extended spur lines that individually can handle a maximum of 31 devices and a length equal to the main bus. The ProfiHub A5 has the same functionality as the ProfiHub B5+R (IP 20).
Create reliable, flexible and object oriented DP installations using the ProfiHub A5.
The ProfiHub A5 is essential to obtain better control during maintenance and upgrading of the network.
- 5 Isolated repeater channels (6 segments)
- Transparent for all PROFIBUS DP protocols
- Suitable for PROFIsafe and MPI networks
- 31 devices per channel
- 9.6 Kbps – 12 Mbps
- Max. 1200 m segment length (depends on baudrate)
- Integrated termination facilities
- Configurable grounding system
- Glands or M12 connectors
- IP 65 classification
- Dynamic spur lines to actuators, flow meters and pH analyzers
- Star, tree and bus structured networks
- Removable drives and motors
- Outdoor applications with device and cable stress
- Roof mounted devices in tank farms
- Dirty and Humid environments
- Barrier for non galvanic isolated equipment
- Hot slave insertion/removal during operation
- Short circuit protection on each channel
- Compact and robust construction
- On-board DB9 female connector for maintenance activities
- Suitable for all DP cables
- Conveniently arranged networks
- Extendable installations
- Cost saving
Downloads: ProfiHub A5 brochure
Downloads: ProfiHub A5B5 manual
Please Contact Us if you have requirements